The song was first performed by the rebetiko Michalis Patrinos in Athens in 1927. As with almost all the early rebetika songs, the original composer of the song remained unknown, and the ensemble was enshrined in the head of the club. The melody was probably collectively composed by the musicians, as was often the case at that time, while the lyrics were almost certainly Patriot’s. In the original version of the song, the name of the title girl was suggested by Patinos “Mousourlou”, with heavy Smyrnian accent.
Share this post