Recordings Produced by mick laBriola
A fathers reaction to the death of his 6 year old boy, expressing his desperate attempt to survive; through this multi-faceted juxtaposition of Folk, Country, Reggae, Sepharadic, Arabic, Bulgarian & Persian genres of Music, Healing & Spirit. Released 2006.
"The musical compositions are brilliant; Carei Thomas has scaled the heights and brings back proof. The gathered musical talent (Donald Washington, David Wright, Gary Schulte, Mick LaBriola, Jeroen van Tyn, Jeff Bailey) speak back to the composition with stunning performances. Louis Alemayehu’s poetry and voice and voice work is possessed, spirited; functioning precisely the way it should. Leading us through those labyrinths of discovery."
This dynamic trio were created to provide a musical alternative to the home grown, agriculturally provocative, party-down atmosphere of the Minnesota State Fair. By blending the familiar musical genres of each player, Mojo Roots coagulated a simmering concoction of R & B, Blues, Reggae, Ska, Second Line, & International Rhythms/Grooves. The result was an overwhelming Audience responce that culminated into the groups 1st CD project, "Prakritis Kiss". The song list contains familar Cover Tunes, however the treatment is always Mojo Roots or as we like to say; MOJOFIED.
Other Recordings Featuring mick laBriola
- Cries of Our Ancestors, Volume 1 (Contact mick)
- Maroons: Maroon Town ( Contact mick)
- Ed Volker: Lost Radio Hour
- Jacco Muller: Imagenes de la Luz
- Bill Hinkley & Judy Larson: Out In Our Meadow
- Scott Mateo Davies: Paths of Convergence
- Voices of Sepharad: Pasión, Viva Sepharad, Hamsa
- Michael Hauser: Flamenco 2000
- Layalli Sharque: Nights of the East (Contact mick)
- Bill & Bob Zander: Sons of Raz
Additional Recordings Include:
- Cat Went Blind-Bill Thompson
- Cry of the Wolfe-Greg Wolfe
- Mathematics Blues-Pop Wagner
- Traditional Music of Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon and Egypt-Crossing Boarders